So lately I’ve noticed that most new models have no idea what to bring to fittings or shows. This is ok girls! We all start somewhere and I am going to share with you the necessities of your MODEL BAG!
1) The Bag – A small suitcase is convenient and about the perfect size. Remember – backstage is always cramped so you dont want to take up too much space. Try something like this to put your sacred belongings in:
2) The Shoes – 2 pair – Black pumps and Nude pumps. Heel must be at least 3″ and no wedges. Good to bring an extra pair of black open toe and/or a colorful choice with you just in case.
Jessica Simpson Nude Pumps
Steve Madden Black Pumps
3) SHAPEWEAR! – This is important no matter how great your figure is. Shapewear smooths you under tight garments and distribute your weight more evenly. This is a MUST! Check out my article here for my best shapewear picks.
4) Stockings – Ah, the one I didn’t even know about until as of late. Nylons are great to have on hand. thank god I brought them to my last runway show 🙂
5) BRAS! – Lots of them! OK, maybe I’m just a little too obsessed with boobs, but I wear a full-coverage bra (like this) to every fitting or show, and bring at least 2-3 more (black strapless, white strapless, black convertible), plus bandeau tops in case I need to smooth things out. Check out this article all about my favorite bras.
6) Foundation – This is another one I just learned how important it really is. I prefer to bring a full eyeshadow palette along with all my makeup necessities. Most makeup artists I know reccomend Smashbox High Definition, but for us drugstore-budget girls, I personally use Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Foundation.
$39.99 at Sephora.com
$12.99 at Ulta.com
I hope you ladies have found this helpful! From now on, anyone I spot WITHOUT a full model bag will be immediately directed to the nearest computer to visit CurvyAndCurious.com!
Keep Curvy and Stay Curious.