We are constantly striving to keep up with whats fresh. Unfortunately, along with the fad of “twerking” has come along the word “ratchet.” Last time I checked, a ratchet was part of a wrench, right? Not anymore.
UrbanDictionary.com defines “Ratchet” as:
A diva, mostly from urban cities and ghettos, that has reason to believe she is every mans eye candy. Unfortunately, she’s wrong.
Typical signs to beware of include, but are not limited to:
- BLARES anything by Drake, 2Chainz, Nicki Minaj, Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Cali Swag District, or any other garbage entertainment rapper
- rowdily quotes “lyrics” from aforementioned artists
- has a weave reminiscent of a bird’s nest after a tempest hit the tree it was in, and is dyed at least thrice
- wears torn leggings/stalkings (mostly of the fishnet variety), unpolished 8″ heels (or higher, depending on how God-awful they look), fitted jean jackets (to accent the blubber ’round their arms and stomach), and 4 layers of caked on make-up to go clubbing
- repeatedly use ludicrous terms such as “YOLO”, “swag”, “boost”, “beaking”, “doe”, “really”, “naw”, “actually”, “twerk”, “coaster”, “dagga”, etc., to make a valid statement when they speak
- have side bangs, despite having incredibly small-ass foreheads to support them
- are commonly overweight and are mind-numbingly stupid; a safe assumption to make would be saying they’re uneducated (as if they could pass the 4th grade)
After attending many parties and clubs, mostly in NYC, I’m seeing more and more “Ratchetness” with the growing acceptance of size. Ladies used to feel like they needed to cover up or couldn’t wear tight dresses if they have curves – these days are no longer. No matter how acceptable you may think your wardrobe is, you need to remember that you are a woman with curves and need some help keeping those curves in place! You can wear a short skirt or slutty dress, but wear tights (ahem, not fishnets), a bra, and shapewear. Come on, do you really want to look like this?
Twerk away ladies, just make sure there are no wardrobe malfunctions!
BTW, who said fat girls cant twerk? GET ‘EM GIRLS!
Stay Curvy and Keep Curious
- Room for the Ratchets (aytchschondra.wordpress.com)
- Epic Fail of the Day: Ratchet Girls Twerk on NYC Subway Tracks (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- MC: Ratchet Is The New Classy?? (luluchris58.wordpress.com)
Posted on December 1, 2013, in Body, Fashion, Uncategorized and tagged 2 chainz, BBW, belly, Body, body image, Cali Swag District, clothes, clothing, confidence, curves, curvy, Drake, events, fashion, fat, fat chicks, full figure, ghetto, Gucci Mane, hoodrat, how to dress, lil wayne, New York City, nicki minaj, plus model, plus size, Ratchet, skanky, slutty, Style, thick, trashy, Twerking, wardrobe. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.