The Model Bag Rules
So lately I’ve noticed that most new models have no idea what to bring to fittings or shows. This is ok girls! We all start somewhere and I am going to share with you the necessities of your MODEL BAG!
1) The Bag – A small suitcase is convenient and about the perfect size. Remember – backstage is always cramped so you dont want to take up too much space. Try something like this to put your sacred belongings in:
2) The Shoes – 2 pair – Black pumps and Nude pumps. Heel must be at least 3″ and no wedges. Good to bring an extra pair of black open toe and/or a colorful choice with you just in case.
3) SHAPEWEAR! – This is important no matter how great your figure is. Shapewear smooths you under tight garments and distribute your weight more evenly. This is a MUST! Check out my article here for my best shapewear picks.
4) Stockings – Ah, the one I didn’t even know about until as of late. Nylons are great to have on hand. thank god I brought them to my last runway show 🙂
5) BRAS! – Lots of them! OK, maybe I’m just a little too obsessed with boobs, but I wear a full-coverage bra (like this) to every fitting or show, and bring at least 2-3 more (black strapless, white strapless, black convertible), plus bandeau tops in case I need to smooth things out. Check out this article all about my favorite bras.
6) Foundation – This is another one I just learned how important it really is. I prefer to bring a full eyeshadow palette along with all my makeup necessities. Most makeup artists I know reccomend Smashbox High Definition, but for us drugstore-budget girls, I personally use Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Foundation.
I hope you ladies have found this helpful! From now on, anyone I spot WITHOUT a full model bag will be immediately directed to the nearest computer to visit CurvyAndCurious.com!
Keep Curvy and Stay Curious.
Posted on November 8, 2013, in Fashion, Models and tagged BBW, Body, body image, bra, Bras, clothing, confidence, Consumer Information, curves, curvy, events, fashion, Fashion show, fat, foundation, full figure, Gucci, how to model, Little Black Bag, makeup, model bag, modeling, modeling tips, Online shopping, photoready, plus model, plus size, plus size events, plus size modeling, pumps, revlon, runway, shapewear, shoes, shopping, smashbox, Spanx, stillettos, stockings, Style, suitcase, thick, tights, tips. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Pingback: Curvy And Curious the LIVE show! | Curvy and Curious