Get your tickets online now for $15!
They will be $20 at the door so don’t miss out!
Thrift Store Swagg is a clothing exchange, shopping, and runway event that was first held on October 12, 2013 by Curvy And Curious. Since the event was such a hit, we are now getting ready to do it all again! This time we will be donating toys to Toys for Tots and again, all extra clothes will be donated to Goodwill.
Thrift Store Swagg 2 will be held at Break Bar and Billiards, located at 32-04 Brodway, Long Island City, NY 11106. $15 admission gets you half price drinks and free pool all day, plus the clothing exchange! Bring your best gently used clothes and trade them for other peoples’ hot looks! Also enjoy a fashion runway show by Oh So Fabulous Boutique and Curvy Girlz Lingerie. Don’t forget to shop with Chocolate Cream Beauty Supply too!
Tickets on sale for $15 now at http://www.ThriftSwagg2.eventbrite.com
Click the flyer below for all the details!
On November 9th, 2013, One Chance Entertainment held its 4th Annual Evolution of Curves Tour Finale in NYC. This charitable show rocked the DiMenna Center for Performing Arts. This event was a huge success and many media outlets came out to capture the dangerous curves in the building! Check out all of the photos and videos from around the web!
Stay Curvy and Keep Curious!
So lately I’ve noticed that most new models have no idea what to bring to fittings or shows. This is ok girls! We all start somewhere and I am going to share with you the necessities of your MODEL BAG!
1) The Bag – A small suitcase is convenient and about the perfect size. Remember – backstage is always cramped so you dont want to take up too much space. Try something like this to put your sacred belongings in:
2) The Shoes – 2 pair – Black pumps and Nude pumps. Heel must be at least 3″ and no wedges. Good to bring an extra pair of black open toe and/or a colorful choice with you just in case.
3) SHAPEWEAR! - This is important no matter how great your figure is. Shapewear smooths you under tight garments and distribute your weight more evenly. This is a MUST! Check out my article here for my best shapewear picks.
4) Stockings - Ah, the one I didn’t even know about until as of late. Nylons are great to have on hand. thank god I brought them to my last runway show
5) BRAS! – Lots of them! OK, maybe I’m just a little too obsessed with boobs, but I wear a full-coverage bra (like this) to every fitting or show, and bring at least 2-3 more (black strapless, white strapless, black convertible), plus bandeau tops in case I need to smooth things out. Check out this article all about my favorite bras.
6) Foundation – This is another one I just learned how important it really is. I prefer to bring a full eyeshadow palette along with all my makeup necessities. Most makeup artists I know reccomend Smashbox High Definition, but for us drugstore-budget girls, I personally use Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Foundation.
I hope you ladies have found this helpful! From now on, anyone I spot WITHOUT a full model bag will be immediately directed to the nearest computer to visit CurvyAndCurious.com!
Keep Curvy and Stay Curious.
On October 12th, 2013, CurvyAndCurious held it’s first event, “Thrift Store Swagg” Plus Size Clothing Swap and Runway show at Pioneers Bar in NYC. The event was a lot of fun – Full figured women from all over brought bags of gorgeous clothes to exchange for new ones! I know I’ve been enjoying my new wardrobe. Ose (Uh-Seh) and Mad! Couture showed some fabulous looks on our gorgeous models (more pics coming soon), and I even previewed my line pf upcycled t-shirts This is a must-repeat event! Check out the photos by Turf Photography below!
Myself and these other lovely ladies will be not only having an in store runway show, but also will be live mannequins at the store! Pageant contestants will be donning our sashes! Presented by D.I.V.A. NYC Pageant 2014!
Click the Pic for all the details!