Get your tickets online now for $15!
They will be $20 at the door so don’t miss out!
We are constantly striving to keep up with whats fresh. Unfortunately, along with the fad of “twerking” has come along the word “ratchet.” Last time I checked, a ratchet was part of a wrench, right? Not anymore.
UrbanDictionary.com defines “Ratchet” as:
A diva, mostly from urban cities and ghettos, that has reason to believe she is every mans eye candy. Unfortunately, she’s wrong.
Typical signs to beware of include, but are not limited to:
- BLARES anything by Drake, 2Chainz, Nicki Minaj, Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Cali Swag District, or any other garbage entertainment rapper
- rowdily quotes “lyrics” from aforementioned artists
- has a weave reminiscent of a bird’s nest after a tempest hit the tree it was in, and is dyed at least thrice
- wears torn leggings/stalkings (mostly of the fishnet variety), unpolished 8″ heels (or higher, depending on how God-awful they look), fitted jean jackets (to accent the blubber ’round their arms and stomach), and 4 layers of caked on make-up to go clubbing
- repeatedly use ludicrous terms such as “YOLO”, “swag”, “boost”, “beaking”, “doe”, “really”, “naw”, “actually”, “twerk”, “coaster”, “dagga”, etc., to make a valid statement when they speak
- have side bangs, despite having incredibly small-ass foreheads to support them
- are commonly overweight and are mind-numbingly stupid; a safe assumption to make would be saying they’re uneducated (as if they could pass the 4th grade)
After attending many parties and clubs, mostly in NYC, I’m seeing more and more “Ratchetness” with the growing acceptance of size. Ladies used to feel like they needed to cover up or couldn’t wear tight dresses if they have curves – these days are no longer. No matter how acceptable you may think your wardrobe is, you need to remember that you are a woman with curves and need some help keeping those curves in place! You can wear a short skirt or slutty dress, but wear tights (ahem, not fishnets), a bra, and shapewear. Come on, do you really want to look like this?
Twerk away ladies, just make sure there are no wardrobe malfunctions!
BTW, who said fat girls cant twerk? GET ‘EM GIRLS!
Stay Curvy and Keep Curious
Tell us a little bit about yourself?
I was born in Savannah Georgia and spent one term in the US army. I am a mother of 3 boys who are my life. I’ve always wanted to be a model since as far back as I can remember but although I was small enough for regular modeling, I wasn’t tall enough. My favorite color is pink.
What inspired you to get into modeling?
After giving birth and being diagnosed with PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) I struggled with self esteem issues for years. Now I look at modeling as an opportunity to be an inspiration to every day women who may have self esteem issues or feel that because they aren’t a certain size or height they can’t model. If I can do it, so can you!
I have done runway and print.
What are your likes and dislikes about modeling?
I love the transformation process, traveling and meeting wonderful people.I dislike the separation and discrimination of “Plus” and “regular” models.
I am a part of the Virginia Full Figured Fashion Week (Vf3w) team and I work alone.
Shoes and accessories
What does Curvy and Curious mean to you?
C-onfidently U-nderstanding a R-adiant V-oluptuous Y-ou with endless possibilities!
Be confident in yourself and always try regardless of the odds.
The Lawrence Brother’s hair and fashion show Dec 8
Glam Gurls Inc Holiday Affair Dec 21
Metro Style Inc April 2014and much more to come!
Thrift Store Swagg is a clothing exchange, shopping, and runway event that was first held on October 12, 2013 by Curvy And Curious. Since the event was such a hit, we are now getting ready to do it all again! This time we will be donating toys to Toys for Tots and again, all extra clothes will be donated to Goodwill.
Thrift Store Swagg 2 will be held at Break Bar and Billiards, located at 32-04 Brodway, Long Island City, NY 11106. $15 admission gets you half price drinks and free pool all day, plus the clothing exchange! Bring your best gently used clothes and trade them for other peoples’ hot looks! Also enjoy a fashion runway show by Oh So Fabulous Boutique and Curvy Girlz Lingerie. Don’t forget to shop with Chocolate Cream Beauty Supply too!
Tickets on sale for $15 now at http://www.ThriftSwagg2.eventbrite.com
Click the flyer below for all the details!
On November 9th, 2013, One Chance Entertainment held its 4th Annual Evolution of Curves Tour Finale in NYC. This charitable show rocked the DiMenna Center for Performing Arts. This event was a huge success and many media outlets came out to capture the dangerous curves in the building! Check out all of the photos and videos from around the web!
Stay Curvy and Keep Curious!
Well ladies, as you keep reading, people are noticing! I am extremely excited to announce that Curvy And Curious will soon be a live worldwide web series! Qbo Media has taken a strong interest in our content and feel our #REALTALK would be even better live! I must agree, and now we have Curvy And Curious the Talk Show. Get ready for awesome and hilarious guests, demos, and #REALTALK, premiering on November 24th, 2013!
For those interested in commercial sponsorship, email CurvyAndCuriousBlog@gmail.com
So lately I’ve noticed that most new models have no idea what to bring to fittings or shows. This is ok girls! We all start somewhere and I am going to share with you the necessities of your MODEL BAG!
1) The Bag – A small suitcase is convenient and about the perfect size. Remember – backstage is always cramped so you dont want to take up too much space. Try something like this to put your sacred belongings in:
2) The Shoes – 2 pair – Black pumps and Nude pumps. Heel must be at least 3″ and no wedges. Good to bring an extra pair of black open toe and/or a colorful choice with you just in case.
3) SHAPEWEAR! - This is important no matter how great your figure is. Shapewear smooths you under tight garments and distribute your weight more evenly. This is a MUST! Check out my article here for my best shapewear picks.
4) Stockings - Ah, the one I didn’t even know about until as of late. Nylons are great to have on hand. thank god I brought them to my last runway show
5) BRAS! – Lots of them! OK, maybe I’m just a little too obsessed with boobs, but I wear a full-coverage bra (like this) to every fitting or show, and bring at least 2-3 more (black strapless, white strapless, black convertible), plus bandeau tops in case I need to smooth things out. Check out this article all about my favorite bras.
6) Foundation – This is another one I just learned how important it really is. I prefer to bring a full eyeshadow palette along with all my makeup necessities. Most makeup artists I know reccomend Smashbox High Definition, but for us drugstore-budget girls, I personally use Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Foundation.
I hope you ladies have found this helpful! From now on, anyone I spot WITHOUT a full model bag will be immediately directed to the nearest computer to visit CurvyAndCurious.com!
Keep Curvy and Stay Curious.
I am an aspiring actress and model. I recently relocated to New York from Miami, FL. I’ve lived here for two months and I am just getting used to the big city. I love the entertainment industry and I am very much dedicated to making a lucrative career in modeling and acting. I have trained at Barbizon School of Modeling and Acting. I have experience as an extra in film, television, and commercial. I also love to sing, I would to see if there is a possibility of me making it in the music industry, but I know that I need to work on it a little more. I am planning on taking acting classes and vocal lessons to hone my craft and make myself more marketable.
I’ve wanted to model since I was 13
Plus Size Fashion, Commercial, Runway, and Print
I dislike that there are so many limited opportunities for plus size models who are not 5’9″I like the fact that so many aspiring plus size models are making the opportunity for themselves
I am the President of an up and coming modeling agency in South Florida, Star Plus Model. But I am not a part of any agency.
I have a versatile personality, so when it comes to my style
Curvy and Curious, I love my curves and I want to see just how far I can make it in this industry
I want to be on the cover of Plus Model Magazine and I want to be the featured model in music videos and commercials
I was once told that preparation plus opportunity equals success. So if you want to be a model do your research and invest in yourself don’t wait for opportunities to come to you go out and find them.
Facebook: www.facebook.com/CandyJ22Model Mayhem: www.modelmayhem.com/CandyJ21Twitter: @MsModelBehaviorIG: MsModelBehavior22Website: www.mscandyj.com